Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Graceful... totally...

Do you ever have days that make you question your intellect or question why in the hell other people let you live on your own or drive a vehicle?  I have those days all the time... Saturday was one of those days for me. I went and got my hair cut and styled that morning, then, I stopped and grabbed some lunch and went to work. I have to hike up 3 flights of stairs to get to my cube. Alright, so I’m on my way up the stairs w/ my lunch and my full, large Dr Pepper… (you see where this is going right?) and I am on the last flight of stairs, I can see the door… and I catch the toe of my flip flop on the stair and fall down. I dropped the DrP and it went EVERYWHERE… but this was overshadowed by the fact that I landed w/ all my weight on my right “girl” and hit my stomach and knees on lower stairs… awesome. So… now… I have a huge bruise on my chest right above my right "girl" and it looks awful and it hurts. I also have matching bruises on my stomach and knees where I landed on the edge of the stairs.  Not to mention that my hair style was ruined because I soaked myself in Dr Pepper. I had to use an entire roll of paper towels to clean up the mess I made and my "girl" hurt for the rest of the day. Awesome. FYI… did you know that Dr Pepper has more “hold” than any gel or hairspray I have EVER used?? It totally does, but it makes your hair crunchy and kinda sticky at the same time, so I would not suggest it

Out of everything I was thinking “DAMNIT! I really wanted that Dr Pepper!” because it was all hot and gross outside. The next thought was "Thank God that this happened on the cement stairs, not the carpeted ones", because I really really really did not want to explain that to our director.  I didn’t even really notice the pain until after I went to the bathroom and cleaned myself up and washed all the Dr Pepper off my hands and arms and neck and chest and face. Then the pain kicked in, it still kinda hurts to move in certain ways and to breathe really deep. I slept on Saturday night with a big bag of frozen corn on my chest to avoid further bruising... it didn't work.

My stepmother has called me Grace since I was really young, yeah, this is obviously the perfect nickname for yours truly.  Maybe, someday, I won't be so damn clumsy... but I doubt it.

2 comments:

  1. It is a well known fact that White Rain is just Dr. Pepper with perfume in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never really thought about that... but I think you're right... and now I'm questioning everything I have ever known about hair products. :s

    ReplyDelete